It has been awhile since I’ve done a painting challenge and thought it might be fun to do a challenge where you share a picture of the first miniature you completely finish for 2021. We aren’t interested in completing squads, mobs or other collections this time. The focus is to start 2021 off right by showcasing everyone’s first miniature fruits of the year.
Rules of the Challenge
- The model can be a work in progress but must be completed sometime in January 2021.
- Your model must be based unless you aren’t planning on basing it later.
- A tank, cavalry, chariot, dinosaur or some other miniature with rider(s) counts as one miniature for this challenge.
- A stand with multiple miniatures counts as one miniature so long as all of the models are affixed to the same base. This excludes dioramas, but you can certainly post a miniature for a diorama so long as it is the first miniature you complete in 2021.
- You can enter miniatures you are working on for other painting challenges.
- The challenge closes on January 31, 2021 at midnight (your local time). If you can’t get your picture posted by that date, it is fine. Just post it as soon as you can. The best way to let me know you’ve put up a picture is to either link your post back to this one or leave a comment here.
- Questions and/or ideas? Let me know in the comments.
Some ideas from past challenges include a mighty dragon, painted by David from Scent of a Gamer …
or perhaps an Imperial Knight if you are feeling particularly ambitious like the one painted by Thomas of Dragon’s Den Games?
If you aren’t in the mood or have time for a knight or giant, green dragon perhaps something a bit smaller, but still great, like the miniatures from challenges past in this little slide show. Remember any single miniature is fair game, even a status marker and the like if you so choose.
As for me, I’m hoping to finally finish my eternal work in progress, Frank’s Pig Demon. I got pretty far along before I stalled once again. There are a bunch of minor things I need to do, but finishing the demon’s clothing is the last major piece left. I’ll probably keep the basing fairly simple in line with what Frank told me he wanted.