You know it isn’t a huge week when the highlight is getting a picture of one of your cats (in this case Wyatt) having a “Sup!” moment, but sometimes small victories can be sweet and I like to savor them in addition to the larger ones.
The workouts continue to go well and I’m still making excellent progress toward reaching my goals.
Sun, March 27th
Had a nice rest day with my husband.
Calories: 1891, Protein: 130 g.
Mon, March 28th
- (Morning Workout) Recumbent Bike: 30 Minutes, Aerobic Program, Level 7, RPMs: 80+ during the warm-up and end stretch, and 70+ RPMs otherwise. Afterward, I did one set each of:
- Standing Toe Stab Hip Raises (each side): 15 reps
- Standing Toe-Up Hip Raises (each side): 15 reps
- Lateral Stepping With Band Around Knees (each side): 20 reps
- In the evening I went to wrestling class for 2.5 hours.
Calories: 2016, Protein: 134 g.
Tues, March 29th
- We followed along with Jack Lalane, DVD 2, Episode 5, shortly after waking up. Otherwise I didn’t do any working out other than a little stretching.
Calories: 2016, Protein: 136 g.
We were walking around in town this week and this sign outside of a local business caught my eye and made me chuckle.
Wed, March 30th
- (Wake-Up Workout) Recumbent Bike: 30 Minutes, Hill Program, Level 9, RPMs: 80+, 90+ for last 9 minutes.
- (Morning) CoC Gripper (Trainer, 100 lbs.): The X+Y reps means that I achieved X full reps and Y partial reps. So in the case of my left hand, I wasn’t able to close the gripper to 2mm but I did 5 partial reps.
- (Left Hand) 2mm x 5 sets x 0+5 reps
- (Right Hand) Closed x 1+4 reps, 2+3 reps, 3 sets x 1+4 reps
- (Morning Full Body Circuit Workout) I warmed up by dancing around strangely to Rob Zombie music for about 10 minutes.
- (FOUR SETS: No resting between exercises or sets, though the balance board was a bit of a rest.)
- Arnold Press: 15 lbs. x 12 reps
- Leg Extension Machine: 25 lbs. x 12 reps
- Crunches: 12 reps
- Standing Ring Rows: 12 reps
- Light Spring Bar (alternating sets supinated and pronated): 2 sets x 12 reps. I didn’t like how my elbows were feeling so I switched to Bicep Curls: 15 lbs. x 2 sets x 12 reps. I realized I had left direct bicep work out so it came together ok.
- Incline Push-ups (4th Cellar Step): 12 reps
- Vertical Leg Press: 100 lbs. x 12 reps, 125 lbs. x 3 sets x 12 reps
- Calf Raises (VLP, alternating sets of straight and bent legs): 100 lbs. x 12 reps, 125 lbs. x 3 sets x 12 reps
- Tricep Kickbacks (DB): 5 lbs. x 12 reps
- Face Pulls: 15 lbs. x 12 reps
- Lateral Walking With Band (each side): 12 reps
- Alternating Sets of Standing Toe Stab Hip Raises and Standing Toe-Up Hip Raises: 12 reps
- Foot Dorsiflexion (cable, both feet): 30 lbs. x 12 reps
- 2 lb. Indian Clubs: Different exercises each set x 20 reps
- Balance Board: 30 seconds
- After concluding four sets of the circuit, I did two more sets of bicep curls with 20 lbs. for 12 reps each set. I also realized I left out the direct hamstring work I was planning on doing as well so I’ll probably make sure I do something for that tomorrow or Friday. The physical therapist called and told me someone canceled so they can fit me in for tomorrow and so I begin my knee PT.
- I did two short Tae Kwon Do lessons: “Jab” and “High Block” on the Global Martial Arts University website.
- I stretched in the afternoon for 30 minutes.
Calories: 2168, Protein: 153 g.
Thur, March 31st
- I went to physical therapy in the afternoon for my knee. They did an assessment, had me do some exercises and stretches, and gave me some exercises that I need to do on average 3 times a week. We ended the session with ice and with some muscle electric stimulation therapy.
Calories: 1962, Protein: 131 g.
Fri, April 1st
- (Afternoon) Recumbent Bike: 30 Minutes, Hill Program, Level 9, RPMs: 80+. Afterward I did Dead Bugs (2-ct) x 20 reps and Crunches x 20 reps, Elbow Plank for 30 seconds.
- I stretched for 40 minutes and interspersed through the stretching session I did some basic Tae Kwon Do drills, working on the moves I’ve been practicing this week:
- High Block (each hand) x 3 sets x 20 reps
- Low Block (each hand) x 3 sets x 20 reps
- Jab (each hand) x 3 sets x 20 reps
- Snap Kick (each leg) x 3 sets x 10 reps
Calories: 1934, Protein: 160 g.
We stumbled across a small mammal excavation project when we were out for a little walk on Saturday. I couldn’t help but think that they picked an unlikely spot right in the middle of the trail (though I’ve seen them do this before) when they have a whole forest around them, but I guess they know what they are doing … hopefully!
Sat, April 2nd
- We went for a short walk in the forest this morning for about 35 minutes.
- (Afternoon Workout) CoC Gripper (Trainer, 100 lbs.):
- (Left Hand) 2mm x 2+3 reps, 2 sets x 1+4 reps, 0+5 reps, 1+4 reps
- (Right Hand) Closed x 2+3 reps, 1+4 reps, 2+3 reps, 0+5 reps, 1+4 reps
- After I finished five sets with the trainer gripper I performed one set of 5 partial reps with the 0.5 Gripper (120 lbs.)
- (PHYSICAL THERAPY EXERCISES GIANT SET)
- Monster Walks (blue band): 2 sets x 10 reps
- Lateral Band Walks (green band): 2 sets x 10 reps
- Squats with Resisted Hip Abduction (green band): 2 sets x 10 reps
- Standing Hip Abduction (cable): 7.5 lbs. x 2 sets x 10 reps*
- Standing Hip Extension (cable): 7.5 lbs. x 2 sets x 10 reps*
- Step Up With Knee Raise (alternating legs, 2-ct): 2 sets x 10 reps
- I did a minute on the balance board and then my husband came down cellar and we took turns working out with the striking mitts. He worked on some Wing Chun-style chain punching while I did Tae Kwon Do-style jabs, jab/cross, and snap kicks. I also worked a bit on low and high blocks.
- I finished the session with some stretching, including the specific stretches the physical therapist gave me, which I will do every day going forward for now.
Calories: 2020, Protein: 138 g.
I lost 1.625 lbs. this week. My total loss is 12.375 lbs. over seven weeks for an average of 1.77 lbs/week. My calorie intake for the week was 13,765.
* They showed me these exercises with a band but we happen to own a basic cable machine so I used that instead.