Sun, August 15th
Afternoon Walk: 6.51 miles.
I did some sprinting uphill and then walked back down the hill and rejoined my husband and walked back up the same hill. I did this a few times during our little hike.
At one point someone’s off leash Jack Russell terrier-looking dog decided to ignore his owner as I was running by and started running alongside me, which everyone found funny–even the owner who kept uselessly yelling, “Get back here, Biscuit, get back here!” over and over again.*
Mon, August 16th
Morning Walk: 3.26 miles.
I have been moving things around quite a bit down in our basement gym lately, and I had to find a new place to put my sand bag and fitness rock, because I needed their old home for the lawn mower and I kept having to step over the rock to get to the plates. Since I dead lift these days in stocking feet, I would say having to step over a big, old rock is an accident waiting to happen.
So now they both live in a much more homey, compact place over by the wheelbarrow, where I’m sure they are much happier. I think of my fitness rock as a friendly rock so I don’t imagine it is waiting with lithic patience to injure my sensitive, little, pink toes. At least I hope not.**
Tues, August 17th
- Morning Walk: 3.26 miles.
- (Afternoon Workout) Warmed up with indian clubs, steel mace, and dynamic stretching
- BB Bent Over Rows: 85 lbs. x 4 sets x 8 reps
- Lat Pulldowns (hog bar): 70 lbs. x 7 reps, 60 lbs. x 3 sets x 12 reps
- Bicep Curls (ez-curl bar): 41 lbs. x 4 sets x 8 reps
- Sandbag (100 lbs.) and Fitness Rock: 8 sets alternating between Sand Bag Bear Hug Hold for 30 seconds and picking up the rock and throwing it up and back over my head in an explosive manner for 8 reps, so I’m doing 4 sets of each exercise.
- Ended the workout by tearing up a huge pile of cardboard boxes that we’ve let accumulate too long. I just used my hands (no box cutter) so my hands and forearms got some nice stimulation, especially with some of the sturdier boxes.
Wed, August 18th
Morning Walk: 3.28 miles. Did some calisthenics afterward.
Thur, August 19th
- Morning Walk: 3.28 miles.
- Afternoon Workout: Warmed up with indian clubs, steel mace, and dynamic stretching
- BB Military Press: 50 lbs. x 8 reps, 55 lbs. x 8 reps, 60 lbs. x 8 reps, 65 lbs. x 6 reps
- BB Bench Press: 75 lbs. x 8 reps, 85 lbs. x 8 reps, 95 lbs. x 8 reps, 105 lbs. x 7 reps
- (Superset) BB Standing Skull Crushers: 51 lbs. x 8 reps, 56 lbs. x 8 reps, 61 lbs. x 8 reps, 66 lbs. x 8 reps +
- Set #1: Dead Bugs (2-ct): 20 reps
- Set #2: Heavy Spring Bar: Pronated x 5 reps + Supinated x 5 reps
- Set #3: Standing Side Crunches (2-ct): 15 reps
- Set #4: Face Pulls: 20 lbs. x 12 reps
- (Superset) 4 sets x 8 reps of both exercises, each hand
- Captains of Crush Gripper, Sport, 80 lbs.
- Finger Extensions with 8 lb. band
I made a trip to the thrift store as I often do today. Not so much because I needed anything but because it is fun to do a quick walk-through every once in awhile to check out the treasures of the day, and because the store is conveniently located across the parking lot from the grocer.
This tin of dragon meat caught my eye and I won’t lie and say I didn’t think about it, but in the end I decided to take a pass. My husband eats plant-based and while I’m a filthy omnivore who is happy to eat anything that swims, flies, crawls (don’t knock bugs until you’ve tried them!), walks, etc., I do draw the line at eating highly intelligent, spellcasting, magical lifeforms who are bigger than me and possibly have long memories….
I suppose I could have bought the thing–at $4.99 US the price was certainly right–and resold it on ebay for about $30, but, again, I didn’t want to be involved in the trafficking of such flesh for the reasons listed above. After all, I like to think I learned a little something (including courage, thank you, X-Files) from all of those years of Dungeons & Dragons.
- Morning Walk: 3.26 miles.
- (Afternoon Workout) Warmed up with dynamic stretching, indian clubs and light calisthenics
- (Week 4 of 12) Dead Lifts: 157.5 lbs. x 5 sets x 3 reps
- Ring Rows: 4 sets x 8 reps
- (Superset) Lat Pulldowns (d-handles): 55 lbs. x 4 sets x 8 reps +
- Set #1: Crunches: 30 reps
- Set #2: Alternating One-Handed KB Swings (2-ct): 15 lbs. x 12 reps
- Set #3: Leg Lifts: 20 reps
- Set #4: Fitness Bag Snatches: 15 reps
I made my deadline of finishing editing The Lost Librarian’s Grave by August 31st, thankfully. (I’m typing this on Sep 2nd.) It ended up at a princely 113,800+ words for 33 stories and 4 poems, so if nothing else it is a pretty decent-sized work.
My next upcoming goals are to finalize the table of contents–I’m actually going to do two of them–and more importantly the cover.
Fri, August 20th
- Morning Walk: 3.26 miles. Did some calisthenics afterward.
- (Afternoon) Recumbent Bike: 30 Minutes, Manual Program, Level 5. RPM’s: 70+
Sat, August 21st
Afternoon Walk: 5.08 miles. Did about 10 minutes of miscellaneous calisthenics after the walk.
Weekly Weigh-in: I am the same weight as last week as I continue on my maintenance plan for now. My total loss thus far is 28.6 lbs.
* The picture is not of the dog in question. I was a little busy what with the being out of breath sprinting and all, so I grabbed a cute shot of a dog that looks much like the energetic Biscuit. 🙂
** I have gotten quite attached to my fitness rock since I dig it out of what used to the corner of our foundation in the back of our house almost a year ago now. If the idea of being attached to a rock seems odd, well, what can I say–I’m a child of the 70s!