For March I’ll be encouraging everyone to revisit their burgeoning pile of neglected models and pick one or a few old chestnuts you started and for whatever reason stopped working on. Or maybe something you bought a year or two ago and despite your best intentions has been gathering dust ever since. I’m sure everyone, who has been involved in the hobby for more than 30 seconds, has a closet full of metal, plastic, and resin that qualifies. I know I do!*
Rules of the Challenge
- “Neglected” means a model that you acquired at least a year ago. The models can be sitting in a box still in the shrink wrap, partially assembled, or partially painted. The key is you have to have owned them for at least a year.
- Your model must be based unless you aren’t planning on basing it later.
- You can enter miniatures you are working on for other painting challenges.
- The challenge closes on April 2nd, 2021 at midnight (your local time). If you can’t get your picture(s) posted by that date, it is fine. Just post as soon as you can. The best way to let me know you’ve put up a picture is to either link your post back to this one or leave a comment here.
- Questions and/or ideas? Let me know in the comments.
As for me, I can’t remember the last time I successfully completed a painting challenge, including my own. Fortunately I seem to be doing ok lately running challenges even if paint and brushes aren’t my priority right now.
I do have many good neglected candidates, Frank’s Pig Demon being the prime one and probably the less said about poor Becky the Bloat Drone the better. It isn’t all bad news though: I did manage to eventually finish Poxwalker #18, pictured above in its previously neglected state.
How about you — do you have any neglected miniatures you might want to revisit for March?
* I thought of doing this challenge after simultaneously failing three painting challenges all in a go last month, including my own. You’ll notice for this one I didn’t declare that I would actually get anything done since when I do … I don’t. Perhaps this time by not making any declarations, maybe I’ll actually get something done. Probably not though. 🙂
Pingback: April’s Painting Challenge: Saxony Soldiers III – Suburban Militarism
Pingback: “Neglected But Not Forgotten” Painting Challenge Round-up (March 2021) | Ann's Immaterium
Pingback: Hobby Bingo March 2021 Update: Marvel Crisis Protocol Starter | Heretic 30k
Pingback: March 2021 – Personal Painting Round-Up + Neglected But Not Forgotten Challenge Round-Up | Azazel's Bitz Box.
Pingback: Zombicide “Ross” (John Goodman as Walter Sobchak: The Big Lebowski) and “Phil” (Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes: The Walking Dead) | Azazel's Bitz Box.
Pingback: Last Night on Earth Growing Hunger Survivors: Kenny, Supermarket Bag Boy; Amanda, Prom Queen; Sam, The Diner Cook; Michelle, Detective Winters | Azazel's Bitz Box.
Pingback: WizKids WK73532 D&D Nolzurs Marvelous Miniatures Treant #Monstermarch5 | Azazel's Bitz Box.
Pingback: Put Some Paint On It! – candore et labore
Just scraped in here, Ann (https://justneedsvarnish.wordpress.com/2021/04/02/never-forgotten/)! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Nice! I’m glad you were able to get them done for March. 🙂 They look good too.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Never Forgotten! – Just Needs Varnish!
Pingback: Marvel Crisis Protocol: Rocket and Groot #Monstermarch5 | Azazel's Bitz Box.
Pingback: April 2021 Second Annual “Paint the Crap You Already Own!” Painting and Hobby Challenge | Ann's Immaterium
Pingback: Reaper Bones 44021: Maggotcrown Bonesack #Monstermarch5 (C.Lewis) | Azazel's Bitz Box.
Pingback: Two (Mad) March Challenges | Convert or Die