I put a little more color on Frank’s Pig Demon today after having left our fiend to its own devices since early October. This time I focused on the loincloth.
My plan is to finish this miniature (and finally give it back to Frank) before the end of January for the community painting challenge I announced a few days ago.
I used Duncan Rhodes’ “White Aelf Robes” tutorial for the loincloth, which is:
- Base with Celestra Grey
- Shade creases with mix of Drakenhof Nightshade and Lahmian Medium.
- Layer with Ulthuan Grey
- Highlight with White Scar
I like how the loincloth turned out, though I could have used a bit more more medium and less blue shade (I used about a 50/50 mix of each) to achieve a lighter, more subtle effect. I’ll probably try something along these lines with the cloak where I shade the deeper recesses like I did the loincloth but mix in more medium for the shallow bits, especially on top of the cloak where it might be lighter.
I am going to play around with this recipe and experiment with some other miniatures in the future. I think some blueish white cloth might look pretty good on my Changeling. I suspect at this point the daemon would welcome some cloth in pretty much any color given that it has been sitting neglected (beyond a cursory spray with white primer) since April 2018 when I did a personal assembly challenge. It might also be interesting to do a wraith’s robes in this color or perhaps a daemonette’s hair. Heck, I could even see doing a unit of plaguebearer using this color for their flesh. Lots of possibilities.
So finishing the cloak is next up for Frank’s Pig Demon. After that I’ll tackle the trident and then after that all I’ll have to do is make a few minor tweaks, base it and I’ll be done.