Sun, November 22nd
Pretty much the same kind of day as last Sunday: Parcheesi, hung out with my husband and cats and watched movies. Speaking of cats, I took this picture of one of my cats on Thanksgiving Day when I happened to notice that the light and shadow were just so where he was sitting. I think for a cell phone photograph it came out pretty good.
His legal name is Wyatt and he joined us in 2015 as an adolescent. I thought perhaps he had been named after Wyatt Earp, but alas the woman we adopted him from told me that in fact he was named after the street she trapped him on when he was feral. We thought about continuing our string of naming pets, plants, file servers and so on after Roman emperors in the order they reigned (of course), but I decided Wyatt didn’t seem like either a Servius or a Galba, so Wyatt he stayed.
Mon, November 23rd
Morning Walk: 3.27 miles. Calories: 2000, Protein: 100 g.
Tues, November 24th
Captains of Crush Gripper (T):
- (Set 1): Right = 6mm x 9 reps, Left = 14mm x 8 reps
- (Set 2): Right = 6mm x 5 reps, Left = 14mm x 9 reps
- (Set 3): Right = 6mm x 6 reps, Left = 12mm x 5 reps
- (Set 4): Right = 6mm x 5 reps, Left = 12mm x 4 reps
- (Set 5): Right = 4mm x 3 reps, Left = 10mm x 2 reps
Fitness Bag Deck of Cards Workout
|Suit||Number Card||Face Card|
|Hearts||Walking Lunges + Front Kick Stretch||10 Full Squats|
|Clubs||Stair Incline Push-ups||10 Cossack Squats|
|Diamonds||Bent Over FB Rows||10 FB Shovels|
|Spades||FB Snatches||10 FB Rom. Dead Lifts|
|Aces (any suit)/Jokers||20 Full Squats|
I changed the workout a little from last week. I don’t think that being sore for an entire week from the lunges is such a good idea, so I decreased the lunge volume a bit and added in some mobility work. Found some interesting information about Cossack Squats here, though my goal is to perform the exercise more like in this video.
Calories: 2010, Protein: 101 g.
My last Roman emperor cat was Nero and thinking about him brings up a lot of nice memories. (He passed away in 2014.) As you can see below, he was pretty hard on scratching posts, liked small boxes and was fond of 6th edition Warhammer 40K. I found him a worthy Emperor Cat indeed!
Wed, November 25th
Morning Jog-Walk: 3.28 miles. Calories: 2566, Protein: 97
Thur, November 26th
We had a nice Thanksgiving Day. My husband wanted to bake a vegetable and tofu pie for the holiday, which I thought was nice, and turned out to be tasty too.
Fri, November 27th
- Arnold Press: 25 lbs. x 4 sets x 12 reps
- Incline Push-ups (4th riser on cellar stairs): 4 sets x 10 reps
- Light Spring Bar: 50 reps
- Twenty-One’s: 12 lbs. x 3 sets
- I learned to do this exercise back in the ’80’s in a specific order: Front Raises, Lateral Raises, then Rear Delts. I see no reason, though, why it has to be done in this order. So for fun I did the exercises in a different order for each set.
- Super Set
- DB Flies: 8 lbs. x 4 sets x 12 reps
- Tricep Pushdowns (tricep handle): 40 lbs. x 4 sets x 12 reps
- Exercise Complex: One-Handed Reverse Grip Tricep Pushdowns (d-handle, ea. arm) 10 lbs. x 12 reps, Small Arm Circles 50 revolutions each way, Dead Bugs (2-ct) 20 reps, Standing Side Crunches (ea. side) 12 reps
- Captains of Crush Gripper Sport (S): 6 sets x 5 reps
Sat, November 28th
- Morning Walk: 3.09 miles.
- Afternoon Workout
- Standing Cable Rows (straight bar): 65 lbs. x 4 sets x 12 reps
- Pull Downs (d-handles): 50 lbs. x 2 sets x 12 reps, 2 sets x 13 reps
- Fitness Bag Bicep Curls: 4 sets x 12 reps
- Exercise Complex: Fitness Bag Cleans x 12 reps, DB Shrugs 25 lbs. x 12 reps, Wrist Roller (cable) 15 lbs. x 1 winding, Bell Tower Crunches (ea. side) 17.5 lbs. x 12 reps, One Handed Alternating American Kettlebell Swings (2-ct) 15 lbs. x 12 reps, DB Hammer Curls 12 lbs. x 12 reps, Face Pulls 17.5 lbs. x 12 reps, Calf Raises x 30 reps, Twist Yo’ Wrist (cable) 10 lbs. x 2 windings, Wrist Supination and Pronation (ea. arm) with light wood axe x 12 reps, Dead Bugs (2-ct) x 30 reps, Spread and Raise Hands (light orange band) x 25 reps, External Shoulder Rotation (black band, ea. arm) x 12 reps, DB Punch Up’s w/ 2 second hold 12 lbs. x 12 reps
(I was up 3.6 pounds for the week, so my total loss is 14 lbs. so far.)