I used to keep track of my workouts, before I was online, in three-ring notebooks, most of which were lost in the mists of time, flooded basements, cross-country moves and the like, though I still do have one from my early-80’s Army days that makes for semi-entertaining reading. With the advent of the internet in my life during college I started putting them on 5.25″ (and later 3.5″) floppies. All of those records have been lost to the mists of time, hardware changes, crashes, upgrades, purposeful obsolescence and the like. Turns out digital media is far more ephemeral than my old notebooks but hey … in a hundred years who’s going to care?
About a year ago I decided to start another blog specifically to keep track of my workouts. I made a good start and after a couple of months realized that trying to have more than one blog at a time isn’t for me. I ended up duly neglecting the work out blog, though I was still doing the training.
So I thought, Why not just create a new section here and put up weekly posts of what you are doing? Why not indeed!
Sun, September 20th
We walked about 8 miles on the local hiking trails in the afternoon.
Mon, September 21st
Afternoon walk covering about 4 miles.
Tues, September 22nd
We did an early morning walk that was about 3.5 miles and then an afternoon walk that was about 4 miles for a daily total of 7.5 miles.
Wed, September 23rd
Morning walk for 2.5 miles and an afternoon walk of 4.5 miles for a total of 7 miles.
Thurs, September 24th
My husband spotted this little beastie scuttling at high speed along the inside of the railroad rail during our afternoon walk today. Fortunately for me it froze for a moment and I was able to grab a picture before our friend continued on its way.
- Morning Walk: 3.3 miles.
- Afternoon Training
- DB Bench Press: 20 lbs. x 4 sets x 12 reps
- Arnold Press: 20 lbs. x 4 sets x 12 reps
- DB Flies: 5 lbs. x 12 reps | 6 lbs. x 3 sets x 12 reps
- DB Lateral Raises: 6 lbs. x 4 sets x 12 reps
- Superset: [DB Skull Crushers: 6 lbs. x sets 1-2 x 12 reps | 10 lbs. x sets 3-4 x 12 reps] + [Bend Spring Bar: two sets with hands pronated and two supinated x 8 reps]
- Tri-Set: [Dead Bugs (2-ct): 4 sets x 12 reps] + [CoC Gripper (S) x 4 sets x 5 reps]
- (Set 1) Crunches: 30 reps
- (Set 2-3) Side Crunches: 30 reps
- (Set 4) Full Squats: 20 reps
- Evening Walk: 4.5 miles
Fri, September 25th
- Morning Training
- Leg Complex: [Romanian Dead Lift (broom handle): 4 sets x 12 reps] + [Full Squats: 4 sets x 12 reps] + [Walking Lunges (2-ct): Sets 1-2 x 6 reps | Side Kick Stretch (2-ct): Sets 3-4 x 12 reps]
- Standing DB Back Rows: 10 lbs. x 4 sets x 12 reps
- Superset: [Standing DB Bicep Curls: 10 lbs. x 4 sets x 12 reps] +
- (Sets 1-2): Wrist Rolling: 5 lbs., rolling up and down twice while standing on 16″ platform
- (Sets 3-4) Standing DB Hammer Curls: 10 lbs. x 12 reps]
- Dead Bugs (2-ct): 20 reps
- Standing DB Back Fly: 10 lbs. x 4 sets x 12 reps
- Finished off the workout by walking the loop of my driveway holding a moderately-large stone over my head.
Sat, September 26th
Rest day. Turns out I need it!
I’ll sign off with a picture of some small, coastal redwoods along one of usual haunts at Henry Cowell State Park, Felton, California. I wonder how long ago that one tree in the foreground splintered and fell?