Let the plague bells ring! Friends, I have at long last closed the books on my mob of twenty Dark Imperium poxwalkers with this round-up. I started putting the wretches together in June 2017, when the boxed set came out, and now we come full circle to June 2020. What a long, disease-ridden road (punctuated with both apathy and frenzied activity) it has been!
My Dark Imperium poxwalker posts for this mob:
- Poxwalker #20: With a Khorne Flower? (June 2020)
- Poxwalker #19: Commissar Poxwalker (June 2020)
- Poxwalker #18: Mechanical Arm Somewhat Orange and Red Poxwalker (April 2020)
- Poxwalker #17: Mechanical Arm Green and Purple Poxwalker (Feb 2020)
- Poxwalker #16: Spiny Red Chitin Zombie (July 2019)
- Poxwalker #15: Spiny Green Chitin Zombie (Mar 2019)
- Poxwalkers #12 & #14: Jump Suit Zombies (Feb 2019)
- Thirteen Poxwalkers: Group Shot (July 2019)
- Poxwalker #13: The Done and Done Again Poxwalker (Feb 2019)
- Poxwalker #11: Beach Boy’s Green Twin (June 2018)
- Poxwalker #10: Beach Boy (June 2018)
- Poxwalkers #7 – #9: and a Skull Snake Friend (Nov 2017)
- Poxwalkers #5 – #6: The Ones with Three Arms (Nov 2017)
- Poxwalkers #3 – #4: … and another Plaguebearer (Oct 2017)
- Poxwalkers #1 – #2: Spike Wrenches and a Plaguebearer (Sep 2017)
Although it took me three years to get the full mob painted, my poxwalkers have certainly distinguished themselves in battle, along with their running mates the plaguebearers, especially during that fruitful time of mid-2017 through 2018, when I was playing games of Warhammer 40K almost every week.
I’ve built up a pretty decent-sized force of minor Nurgle troops thus far. Twenty plaguebearers with a couple of minor leader types, the poxwalkers (of course) and let’s not forget the semi-official mascots including Toad, Rusty the rust monster, and the bit box skeletal snake thingie.
So what’s next Nurgle-wise? I have no shortage of projects to choose from, but the one that shines turgidly forth burbling out to be kicked back to the top of the painting heap is my long suffering daemon engine, Becky the Bloat Drone. She has been abandoned not once but twice and maybe even thrice, though I’ve lost track so I am not sure about that. We’ll have to see what we can do to remedy the situation once Frank’s Pig Demon is done.
Until next time, qapla’ and …