I got two more plaguebearers done over the the holiday weekend for the February Squaduary Painting Challenge. This brings me to three complete of the ten I need to get done by the end of the month to have a legal squad, and ten of twenty to fulfill my own Cloud of Flies Codicil to the challenge.
I am feeling confident because while I work to get one or two daemons completed, I pick away at the others so the rest of the necessary mob lingers in a not-done-but-work-well-underway-state.
I noticed a couple of bits of cat hair fuzz on the daemon with two horns after I took the pictures. If it had been anything other than Nurgle I probably would have retaken the pictures or edited the hair out, but one effect of being ensconced in the way of the Lord of Plagues is an (un)healthy disregard for such things. So I shrugged and said, “Meh, what can you do? A little hair never hurt anyone.”
A closer look at a bit of an experiment with a black sword. The idea was to use minimum highlighting and dry brushing so there are some very light highlights and it isn’t just solid black up close. Also used some AK brand Corrosion Texture to give the blade that gravelly look. I didn’t use a sealer on the sword so I’ll be curious to see how the gravel stands up over time on a gaming miniature.
This time I decided to experiment with a mild case of Blue Bloat. I used several coats of Drakenhof Nightshade and then some Glossy Nuln Oil in the folds, since I wanted to go for a dry look. I finished with a bit of a sand-colored drybrush on the feet, which I’ve been doing for my daemons and others lately.
My plan is to knock out the rest of my needed plaguebearers over the next week, and posting them as they are completed to keep myself motivated to finish on the right side of the challenge. I am also almost done with my one miniature to complete Azazel’s Complete a Neglected Model Challenge and will post a picture as soon as he is done as well.