I’ve been working pretty diligently on Becky the Bloat Drone for Azazel’s Painting Challenge, which is due at the end of the month. Here are a couple more quick paint table, work-in-progress shots of where things stand now.
I have the base colors pretty much done and have made a good start with washes as well. I’m pleased so far, too, with the drool coming out of the mouth of one of the plaguespitters: a little experiment using Mod Podge.
Once my bloater is done I will want to put up a list of colors I used and perhaps a few notes on how I did things. This will definitely help the future me, if I decide I want to paint another one of these monstrosities. So I’ll start my list here of what I’ve done up to this point.
- Bone: Zandri Dust, wash with Agrax Earthshade.
- Cables: Vallejo Black (70.861) but any black will do (I used what I had on hand at the time); Averland Sunset for yellow cable. Wash all cables with Agrax Earthshade.
- Drool on Plaguespitter Mouth: Typhus Corrosion
- Flesh: Ceramite White for the white areas, Naggaroth Night for the purple.
- Gold: Balthasar Gold, wash with Agrax Earthshade, drybrush Retributor Armor. Wash patches, especially where it is overly bright, with Athonian Camoshade.
- Green Armor: Caliban Green, then stipple Loren Forest.
- Red Fly on Plaguespitter: Khorne Red, wash with Agrax Earthshade
- Steel: Leadbelcher, then wash with Agrax Earthshade, drybrush Runefang Steel, wash in patches (not whole thing) with Athonian Camoshade.
- Tri-Skull Symbol: Skull White, Khorne Red, wash with Agrax Earthshade, then brighten skulls back up with Skull White.