I finished up two more poxwalkers, numbers five and six of the requisite twenty-strong mob from the boxed set. I continued with the idea of having two general schemes: the green ones with orange clothes and the reddish ones with yellow clothes. That way I could use them as two units as well as one big mob. In a bigger mob, they have a little variation makes them look a little less like they are in lockstep, but still somewhat unified.
One little trick I tried this time was using Vallejo rust wash around some of the open sores on the red-colored poxwalker. I noticed that the areas I applied it to looked more inflamed without being bloody. (Shows up better in person, as is often the case with my cell phone pictures.) I haven’t tried the technique on the green ones yet, but perhaps I will if I remember.
For next time I’m hoping for another Nurgle trio since I have poxwalker seven all done except for the base, and number eight is about half done. The plaguebearers are no problem. They paint up much more quickly since they don’t wear clothes or carry much around other than swords and the burden of their self-imposed accountancy of Nurgle’s Gifts throughout the universe. I imagine the musician and the standard-bearer will take some more effort though, once I turn my brush in their direction.
I’ve also added a small project to my queue painting up some old metal models I found in a game store bits box. I scrounged almost enough for a little warband of sorts. Hoping to do some green stuff work on one of them this weekend.